Monday, June 23, 2008

a small restaurant

Last Sauturday we ate out at a small restaurant in the suburb.
I found it these days (yesterday I hard it was open in this May.), because it was near my favorite sweets shop.
But the outside is curious. I thought the owner must be an young man.
So I was hesitated to go there with someone or alone.
(Usually my women friens like stylish, quiet and conservative restaurants.)

And I went there with my husband.
What the owner was like? Can you guess?
The owner was a woman who has 2 grandchildren.

She loves growing vegetables, and cooking, and the most happiest thing is to serve meals she cooks using her vegetables. But unfortuntely her children and grand children seem not so happy, they take it as a usual thing. So she decided to open her restaurant.

The meals are usual home cooking. BUT she grows and cooks verious vegetables. Now it is a season in potatoes. She grows 4 kinds of potatoes. (sorry I forgot the names). Every potatoes has different taste and yummy.
I' was really impressed. And she was also impressed with my comments, and we talked very much. She served other things that were not on the menu. She served FUKI miso, RAKKYO, etc.
Do you remember? I also made some of them.

These days my husband also begins to show intereset plants that we can eat, so he joined us.
The main manu is the same for one month, so we'll promise her to come next month.

Now the restaurant is not so crowded, but probably in this year it must be famous, though I wish it were not so popular.
Anyway we found a good restaunt where my husband and I easy to go.

No comments: