Thursday, July 12, 2018

seasonal word 0712 report card


 
It is a season of report cards.
Every the end of a term, students are handed in their report cards.
Actually I also -- not am handed in, have to hand report cards to my students.
I thought  until high school students, their parents knew their scores.
However, I was very surprised that I got a report card from university when my younger daughter was in university.
==== And they did individual interview with parents checking up the report cards.
I wanted to say that "it is not my business" ---- but I couldn't do that. Just I was listening quietly to her professor with patience. Her score was on the whole, not so bad. However the contents were --- A or D. It means what she was not interested in, her attitude to study seemed to be very bad.
It can't be helped. It is the "her".
 
--well, well, it is a nostalgic memory.
 

2 comments:

Helen said...

Wow...you had to have an interview with your daughter's professor? I would have been very upset if my university had sent my parents my report card because I paid for university myself!

My report cards were usually good, so it didn't matter too much. Interesting cultural note--thanks Mieko!

Mieko said...

Additionally, in my college days, we didn't have such things.
At that time, usually parents were not involved in their kids' college life. Probably it is a current culture.