Thursday, February 27, 2020

English Haiku 0227

heron
drawing out my bootless foot
from the deep snow
 
How do you explain this Haiku>
Winter herons are herons they were not able to return south, and remain there.
Probably heron is a season word in winter.
And he or she coincidently went into snow without wearing boots, and her or his foot might get stuck. And also a heron stand in the snow field.
 
However in a traditional Haiku world, boot and snow are season words.
So I try to avoid to use them.

heron staying in the north;
wearing normal shoes
stuck my foot

I like the word of left heron
I made another one.


Heron staying in the north
mother sitting alone
hearing the TV

I'll introduce another seasonal word related in birds.
 


Japanese bush warbler;
hear the usual warble
bring a smile


Today's drill is to avoid supposition.
First we choose a seasonal word. -- I chose Japanese bush warbler
Next you make Haiku using one word of the list;
chair, bulb, confession or profession, pelican, and letter
So your season word might be unexpected word.

Japanese bush warbler ;
change a bulb
when the next
 
The current bulbs have long life. So when is the next after I change the bulbs in my mother's house.
 

No comments: