Saturday, October 10, 2026

Good morning 1010

 Yesterday, a friend stopped by briefly to bring us some freshly harvested rice. I was happy to receive the new rice, of course, but I was even happier that she had come to see us.

After telling her how happy I was and saying, “You finally came to visit!” I ended up snapping at her, saying, “Why don’t you come more often?”

She is 73 and still working, so she is very busy. She lives with her three unmarried daughters. Her husband passed away from lung cancer five years ago. Has it really been five years already?

I’m 66, and I know it’s a bit unreasonable of me to rely on her so much.

I felt guilty about taking my frustration out on her. But even though she stayed for only about 15 minutes, I was truly happy that she had come.

by Yuki



No comments: