Wednesday, March 14, 2018

acupuncture and moxibustion


I read an interesting article.
A Crisis in Pain Drugs Leads to Greater Use of Acupuncture  (VOA news)

Discussion
1.What are you thoughts on the rise of acupuncture use in the U.S.?

Really? I'm really surprised to read this article. I thought people in the U.S. tend to be afraid of being put needles. Actually I love it, and I haven't never felt pains, instead I feel better.
I sometimes use  "stick-on type disposal needles " to relieve my chronic shoulder pain.

2.Is acupuncture widely practiced in your country? Why do you think this is the case?

Partly yes it is. It depends on generation. Probably over their 50's it is widely practiced.
Many elderly people are suffering chronic pain in somewhere such as shoulders, knees, backs. We don't usually take strong drug like "opioid".  We do manage to tackle such pains using "traditional" fork therapy. Though taking acupuncture at clinic is coved by our health insurance.


3.Do you believe that acupuncture can be as effective as painkillers? Why? Why not?
I dare to use the word "chronic". Yes it effects on chronic pains " a little" or sometimes well.

And I also like taking moxibustion therapy. And I also  do it by myself.


This is the way to use sennen moxibustion at home, though it is Japanese.
This is the way to use stick-type disposal needles, though it is Japanese.


These are mine.


No comments: