Tuesday, November 27, 2018

With each our mother!

This Sunday, Yuki and I went to Tokyo to see each mother.
My mother, who is 84 years old and I had eel. That is her favorite.
Let me tell you the price. It cost 2100 yen.
Probably it might be expensive as a lunch meal.

\
She ate all of them. I left some rice.
The restaurant opens 11:30. At my surprise, as soon as it opens, the restaurant (though it is not so big) almost full of customers like us. It means senior lady & her daughter, or senior couple. Probably most of senior couple make their livings on their pension, but they eat something expensive without any hesitation when they want to eat outside.
A senior man told me that the reason is they have just a few thing they want to eat outside, so they have no choice. Probably it is right. In my mother's case, her list of restaurants are Sushi, Tempura, or Eel.

And Yuki had KAITEN-sushi with her mother.
Each dish is inexpensive, but the total cost is upper than ours. Thankfully both mothers have a good appetite. They seem to live longer so far.

On the other hand,  It seems to get difficult to walk smoothly. They often make a trip, and sometimes fall down.
To tell the truth, the other day my mother fell down when she was walking to an eye clinic, and delivered to a surgical hospital by ambulance. Luckily she didn't break any bones. She cut her head and got 8 stiches on it. Of course, it didn't need to stay there, just got stiches, went back home, and a few days later, took out the stiches. Now she is fine.
Go back to the story on Sunday. On the day Yuki's mother fell down in front of Yuki. He was very surprised. However she was fine.
We need to care them carefully.

On the day, both of us took our mothers to different places not to meet each other. Though they are friends, but for us it was troublesome to care both of them on the same time.
He took his mother to a big discount shop.
I took my mother a mall.

My mother bought some expensive delicatessen She seemed to be satisfied.
But at the mall, we couldn't find regular soy sauce. They dealt with a little bit expensive kinds of soy sauce. So I took her to a open café and let her wait there.
While she was waiting ( she had no physical power to go another usual store), I went to a convenience store to just a bottle of regular soy sauce.
So it amounted to the cost of expensive soy sauce, though I told her, but she said "I get used to the taste of regular soy sauce.
It is like a short comedy.
Anyway for four of us, it was a good Sunday. All of four had a good sleep at night. Do you understand what I want to say? It includes some irony. Even Yuki went to bed earlier than usual because of exhaustion.

No comments: