Friday, February 08, 2019

a sprained finger or chip fracture finger?

This fall I had a chip fracture on my middle finger.
Recently a friend of mine had one.

They happened, when we fell down and landed on our hands unnaturally.
When we were young, we suffered a sprained finger.
However our finger muscle gets hard when we get old. So instead of a sprained finger, we tend to have a chip fracture finger.

When I suffered it, I thought I had a sprained finger. So I applied a cold compress on my finger.
Coincidently one of my friend suggested to go to orthopedic clinic, because it might be a chip fracture finger. I went to see a doctor, and as you guess I had a chip fracture finger. In this case a cold compress didn't work. I had my finger fixed with tape in a "correct" way. I learnt how to tape my finger.
One months later I went to see the doctor again, and we confirmed the bones connected. And I started rehabilitation. 6 months have passed, but I have still a strange feeling on my finger.

On the top of this blog, I wrote "my friend had one".
This time I suggested her to go to an "orthopedic clinic", and same thing happened.


No comments: