This is my update from yesterday's hospital visit.
Next week, Yuki will be admitted to the hospital for one night and two days to undergo another biopsy. It has been three years since his first biopsy. The chances are very small, but there is still a possibility that the characteristics of his cancer have changed. If that has happened, it may open up new treatment options.
If not, the doctor suggested one last chemotherapy drug. However, it is unclear how effective it would be in slowing the cancer, and I didn't get the impression that it was being recommended with much confidence. Since we don't want to lower his quality of life any further, we're taking some time to think carefully about what to do.
If he decides not to have the chemotherapy, the plan will be careful monitoring rather than active treatment. The good news is that the cancer is not progressing aggressively at the moment, so the doctor did not talk about life expectancy.
That's my update. I tried to write it as calmly as I could. Thank you for reading.

No comments:
Post a Comment