It feels like the world has changed. There was another major earthquake in Kumamoto, even though it has been only ten years since the last devastating one. On top of that, they're also dealing with intense heat.
Sometimes it all makes me feel sad. The weather seems different, and the world itself feels different somehow. But then I remind myself that my mother's generation lived through the war in Japan. Every era has had its own hardships.
Yesterday, I joined an online support group for families of people with cancer. I had hoped it would be encouraging, but instead I found myself listening to people who were struggling even more than I am. By the end of the meeting, I felt even more discouraged. I guess I'm just not ready for that kind of support group right now.
Today, though, there's some good news. Yuki is actually going to the barber. The effects of the chemotherapy he had before his current treatment have finally worn off, and his hair has started growing back. It's now long enough to comb, so he's going to have the back of his hair trimmed.
As for me, I'm going to visit a friend's hair salon and get my hair done, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment