Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Did you know about " international meat ball day"?

I read this article, and it made me very surprised.
Meatballs around the world from VOA news

Did you know that "March 9 is a day to celebrate the  meat ball, it is "international meat ball day".

I googled in Japanese, however I didn't find anything related meat balls.
March 9 is the day to issue the first commemorative stamps. So it is "the day of commemorative stamps"  --- according to Japan post
Or March is pronounced "san" and 9 is pronounced "kyu", so it is the day of ZA(sa)KKOKU" (millet) according to Japan millet association. It's a play on words.

For me, meat balls are meat balls.
And I agree with that meat balls are a common dish in the world, though there are various way to cook.

What do you think about these 5 questions?

1. What do you think about International Meatball Day?
It is the first time to hear that. It is interesting. I'm afraid that no butchers, or no supermarkets  advertised the day

2. Do you like meatballs? If so, have you ever made them at home? If not, why not?
Meatballs are "meat balls".  When I cook ground meat, I always think that which I should make, hamburger stakes or meat balls.
3. Which of the meatballs featured in the article would you most like to try? Why?
I know that "Swedish meat balls are famous as a traditional dishes in the country".
However I prefer meatballs with tomato sauce to ones with white sauce.


4. Does your country have its own kind of meatball? If so, please describe it.
Though I told you that meat balls are meat balls. However yes, we have one traditional kind of meat balls, which are called TSUKUNE. They are chicken meat balls. The ingredients are ground chicken, green onions, ginger, a little bit soy sauce, and cornstarch.  Tsukune is usually grilled.

5. How would you explain the worldwide popularity of meatballs?
The ingredients are easy to get in any countries. So it is easy to make meat balls for everyone.
It naturally bring the popularity of meatballs, doesn't it?


No comments: