Thursday, September 16, 2021

Kids talk card -5-

 

This week I talked  about this card with my friend, though unfortunately I couldn't get enough number of members so that I couldn't hold a zoom meeting.

The question is "what is the best gift you have ever given?" . Not to me, to someone. To tell the truth I don't remember what gifts I gave to people.

I usually send domestic fruit in season of Utsunomiya to my friends once or twice a year. I "believe" they like them. And not only they enjoy the fruit, we also have a good excuse to talk with them for hours. Especially under this corona pandemic, it is difficult to meet them without special reasons. But we can talk via skype or zoom. 

On the other hand, the question "what is the best gift you have got?" I can answer it. It is a hold-up umbrella which my dead father presented me when I was a junior high school student. 

To say more correctly, it is not "best", it is the most memorable present.

When I was a junior high school student, anyway I used to rebel against my father. One day, I didn't know why? Anyway he suddenly bought a hold-up umbrella for me. Unfortunately I didn't like the pattern, I thought it was for senior women. BUT anyway I accepted it. And probably I haven't used it --- or I have used it once or twice for these 50 years. But I still have kept it.

My father passed away when I was 19. At that time I was a college student. Though I didn't like my father very much, I didn't talk a lot with him. Because  he was busy? or it was difficult to find something common to talk .

Anyway on Father's day, he died of hurt attack suddenly. At that time I noticed the umbrella was still in my room. When I became a mother I understood his feeling when he bought the umbrella. Probably he bought it at his office shop. They must have not dealt with kids' umbrellas. Or he might have considered me as an adult. So he chose "womanly" pattern umbrella.

I still keep it, though I don't use it. However, now it is most memorable present for me.

 

No comments: