Sunday, August 15, 2021

KidTalk card -1-

I have continued organizing and revising my English materials. And I want to use some more often. Some of them don't "see the light day" yet.   The set of KidTalk cards is one of them.

I bought it to use for three minute talk at Toast Masters meeting. But I didn't use it. Now I left Toast Masters club.

So I think that "anyway use it. So I'll open 30 minute zoom meeting once a week to discuss one theme using this card".

To tell the truth, last week I introduced my zoom meeting on my group blog, and facebook. Unfortunately I couldn't get any attendee. It's alright. I'll try it little by little.

Oh, if you are interested in it, please leave the message on the Facebook site, thought it is in Japanese. Usually I organize the meeting every Thursday from 4:00 (Japan time). I decided whether it will open or not in the morning on the day.

Last week, I wanted to talk about this card. This weekend we have OBON holiday. So I thought it might be suitable card.



What is OBON?
Obon ia one of the buddhist events. In Buddhism, it is believed that the sprits of family ancestors come back to this world during the Obon period. So as a Japanese custom , it means though we are not strict Buddhists, we tend to hold family gatherings.  Obon is not an official holiday, but many companies decide that this period is holiday week, so many employees can easily plan and go back to their hometowns for family gatherings. 



This video is a traditional style. In my case, just visit my mother and my mother in-law. 
Well,  the theme of this card is
What is your favorite holiday, Why do you celebrate it, what do you do on that day?

Actually I don't have any favorite holiday. But for me New Year's holiday is very important, so in a way  New Year's holiday is my favorite holiday.
New year makes my feeling refresh. I can change my mind easily. I feel I will start a new step.
I do visit shrines. As you know our hobby is visiting shrines these days. But visiting shrines on that day make our feeling more purify. So I love it.
And I don't need doing usual errands. Before corona pandemic we went to Tokyo to attend family meeting. Of course we do lots of errands, mainly cooking. But there are many people, so my task is very few. This year Yuki and I stayed here. But I sipped usual house errands. We spent the holiday lazily --- well, nowadays we often spend lazily.

If you share your idea, I'm happy.

No comments: