Saturday, January 28, 2023

lunch diary 0128 


Monday; it was a really cold day. But we had to go out to do errands. The two of us went to the mall at the station. So, though it wasn't ramen, we ate dumplings and came back. I often fried frozen dumplings at home,  but it's more delicious to have them "fried" at a restaurant. we were stuck at home in the afternoon.

Tuesday: In the morning, Yuki dropped me off and picked me up at a clinic which  I had booked a long time ago. So, we agreed to eat at a ramen shop called "Hanabishi" for our lunch. According to the forecast, this day was supposed to be "a very cold day", but it wasn't much cold. However, a promise is a promise, and we went to the  ramen shop that my husband wanted to visit. Of course, my husband was "thick TSUKEMEN".

Wednesday; It had snowed the night before and it wasn't "heavy", but my husband's tennis is off. For some reason, I  went to the gym for 30 minutes as usual. Because Yuki dropped me off and picked me up in front of the gym. I cooked  Chinese cabbage soup early morning. So we could  keep warm to have it for our lunch and dinner.

Thursday; the weather was fine, but the wind was cold. I mashed the pumpkin, put the egg in the middle like cocotte style. It had much volume. Somehow, I thought that I would be able to organize my kimono in the afternoon, but it was a little hectic. However, since I've put out the kimono, I could think" why don't we go to a department store to buy luxurious delicatessen"  It was a calm day for me.

Friday; I cooked chicken bowl.  I didn't wrap it with egg. It was a colder day than yesterday. Even though I went out in the morning and turned on the stove as soon as I got home, the temperature did not exceed 10 degrees. Oh, it's normal that when we wake up early morning , the heater shows 0 degrees at first. 0 degrees means negative. Because it can't show minus degree.


This is Yuki's "Thick TSUKEMEN".
In the youtube I show only my normal ramen.

3 comments:

Marta Mae said...

Did you have 10 C inside? What temperature you usually keep inside of your home? I feel like I'm weak- 16-17C inside and I think it's very cold! :)

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, Marta.
Yes, but no. When I go out and come back at noon, the inside is 3 or 4 C. So As soon as I turn on the heater, but the temperature isn't up so quickly. Before temperature reaches 15 C, I finish my or our lunch and go to each room. My house doesn't install central heating system. We put a kerosene heater in each room.
Now I'm staying in my room. Today it is sunny, So the sun light shines in from the window. But when I entered this room around 1 AM, it was 7C. Of curse I turned on the heater, and now it is 12 C. It is still cold, so I am sitting on an electric cushion. Probably in a few minutes the room temperature will reach 17C.

Marta Mae said...

Thank you for responding, Mieko! Having heaters in each room is so much more convenient and practical than central heating system. It's difficult to save energy unless you turn down or off the whole thing and instead heat specific rooms with portable electric heaters.
Hopefully it starts getting warmer soon!