Sunday, January 29, 2023

My pension

 Finally from next month I will get my pension, though it is patial amount. In 2 years I can get full amount. 


The other day when I knew a piece of news in France, I was very surprised. It is said that; more than a million people marched in France on Thursday to protest pension reforms. President Emmanuel Macron is planning to extend the retirement age from 62 to 64. People say "why we need to work more”




I was really surprised.


Here in Japan, our government recommends for us to work more, and to try to get pension when people reach 70. "Let's work as long as you possible!"


Probably one reason is to delay payment of pension because of financial reason. Another reason is to keep enough labor force. And  another reason might be to keep healthy life expectancy having connection with society. 


Actually some people want to work as long as possible, even if they are not self-employed people. Until 20 or 15 years ago, it was a natural thing that when people (business men and women) reached 60, they retired. At that time, pension payment started when people reached 60. But now it is changed. Usually we can get full amount of pension when we reach 65. 


When Yuki decided to retire when he was 60, many people (including me) asked him why he wouldn’t extend his retirement age because he could remain at work, though payment style would change. 

Probably here in Japan some people think working is virtue. ( in my case, just I was worried about financial situation of our retirement life, because I am not independent financially.)


So the phrase “why we need to work more “ and their acts of marching made me surprised. 


Is it right that European people think labor is a sin ?


Of course if they have financial problems, they need to work. Or they are really eager to work, they continue their work without thinking about their salary.


It depends on people. So I was really surprised to know more than million people marched against expanding retirement age.


Additionally here in Japan, most people say my favorite phrase, it can’t be helped.


No comments: