Saturday, January 07, 2023

Our New Year's Vacation


The first day of this year
We could see the first sunrise  from the upstairs, though just I opened the shutters as usual.  We saw the first sunrise again this year. And 2023 has started. 
To tell the truth for us it seems to be difficult to catch up the  big changes. However, we would like to live our days gently  like a willow, without resisting needlessly, without worrying about small things.

New Year's feast
I made what I like for New Year's feast . For some reason, I like "KOROMAME" which is boiled "hard" . The " Kinton"(sweet potatoes' paste)  should also be “not sweet”, though I bought sweet boiled chestnuts. However, I also want something that looks "presentable". So I bought a Western-style "Osechi". How long can we afford to get this luxury? It depends on how many people are gathering.

Visiting shrines
There is "Gamou Shrine". It is the god of learning, and there is a pillar that can pass through pencils. If you pass a pencil through quickly on the hole in it,   you can complete your studies without difficulty. Candidates passed through their pencil with the name of the school they were taking the exam on.
We "climbed" to a shrine on the mountain (just a hill) . My right knee is not so good. So I have supporter on it. As of now, my husband is fine, he doesn't have  tennis elbows. I would like to continue walking well so that my knee does not get worse. 
We've also offer money to  the "husband and wife cedar". Anyway,  our life consists on two of us. Both of us, want to spend our time in good health, while shoring up our shortcomings each other. Our days tend to blame each shortcomings.  It might be good we can say what we think without hesitating. But  we're getting more impatient....

At café KARAKU
We had a little coffee break.  This is our familiar coffee shop. We visited there  saying hello. The master is over 75 years old, this year. His wife is also over 70. We want them  to continue this café  as long as possible without retiring. Price of various things is increasing. The master seems to be thinking about the offer price.

Having lunch outside
A branch restaurant  called "Kandon" has opened nearby. A kind of beef bowl restaurant? I thought so, but it's a little different. Meat is grilled on the spot. It's a little more expensive than a beef bowl restaurant, but it's more affordable than a yakiniku restaurant. They have some female customers. I'm one of them, and yes, I really like it. I will do my best again this year, having meet. I have a gastro camera next week...is it okay?

No comments: