We chose not to pursue any further treatment, so Yuki passed on the last round of chemotherapy covered by his insurance. Yesterday was his first follow-up visit to the hospital since then.
As expected, the cancer has progressed a little. But he is fine. He is enjoying his music activities.
The numbness won’t improve, but the doctor prescribed medication to help prevent it from getting worse.
For now, we’ll go to the hospital about once a month.
After discussing it with his doctor, we’ve also decided to start home-visit nursing care. I guess a nurse who visits us will check on his condition about once a month. Knowing that we can contact them 24 hours a day is very reassuring.
we had arranged for Yuki to be assessed for long-term care early on, and he was certified as needing Level 1 care, so that I feel like things are moving forward in a timely way.
At the same time, it’s a strange feeling, because all of this is based on the assumption that his condition will get worse. It’s hard to know how to feel about that.
I’m filled with anxiety about how his condition will change from now on and what lies ahead.
But perhaps that’s exactly why I’m so grateful for the support we can get from people outside our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment