Sunday, September 13, 2026

Good morning 0913

 It has been raining day after day, so I’ve been drying our laundry indoors. I’ve been using our old dehumidifier on the “clothes drying” setting, but, hmm... it doesn’t seem to be doing a very good job.

The things that stay damp the longest are mostly cotton clothes. So I’ve also been ironing some of them while they’re still damp.

The cotton clothes I’m talking about are actually cotton T-shirts that Yuki wears both as underwear and as pajamas. This summer, we switched them to polyester because they were easy to wear and looked pretty good. But, oh dear... we had forgotten for a while that he has sensitive skin. He started getting a rash, so we quickly switched everything back to cotton.

We bought about ten of these cotton T-shirts, but they just won’t dry completely.

This morning, we went to a laundromat first thing and dried them there. But it’s funny—once we brought them home and the heat from the dryer wore off, they started absorbing moisture from the air again!

So, that’s how I’ve been spending my morning—running around doing this and that.

I don’t have any particular plans to go anywhere, but this weather makes me feel unsteady. Well, there’s not much point in complaining about the weather, I suppose.

In a way, this might be perfect weather for housecleaning. But I can’t clean the outside of the windows because I never know when it’s going to rain. That’s a shame, especially since I’m renting that window-cleaning robot.

So I thought, “Okay, then. I’ll clean just one shelf of the refrigerator.”

I took everything out and removed the shelf, but then I discovered... something had apparently been spilled way at the back inside the refrigerator, and there was some sticky, dried-on mess.

Wiping it with a cloth wasn’t enough at all. I scraped off as much as I could with a little spatula, and then used hot water, an old toothbrush, and even a toothpick to get the rest out.

Even I managed to get it done somehow...

Since I only cleaned one shelf, I have no idea what the other parts of the refrigerator are like. But well, that’s enough for today.

Oh dear, it’s already lunchtime!

Maybe cleaning the refrigerator somehow switched my autonomic nervous system back on? I feel a little better now.

But maybe I’ll take a nap this afternoon.

I wonder which comes first: will there come a time when I stop caring about things like this, or will there come a time when I can no longer do them?

Which one happens first?



by Yuki


No comments: