Friday, September 11, 2026

Good morning 0911

 

by Yuki

It’s good news.

Our elder daughter has been awarded a scholarship and will be able to spend three months in Germany. She seems to be planning to visit several paper studios and workshops there.

She has already had opportunities to go abroad through scholarships or invitations—to the U.S., Mexico, Thailand, and Senegal. And this time, she’ll be going to Europe. I think this will be a great opportunity for her career.

When I first started writing this English diary, our elder daughter had just entered an art university. When she graduated, she had decided to become an artist working with paper. At the time, we were quite worried and often wondered, “Will she be able to make a living as an artist?” Actually, some readers of this blog felt the same way.

Well, she is still working as an artist. I don’t know what the future holds, but somehow she has managed to keep going and make a living from her work.

She will be in Germany from July to September next year.

Our younger daughter, meanwhile, will be moving to France next March and staying there for about two and a half years because of her husband’s job. Our younger daughter lived in Thailand for three years, until three years ago.

I never imagined that both of our daughters would have so many opportunities to live and work abroad. We’re really proud of them, and we’re very happy for them.

But, to be honest, I have mixed feelings.

From next year on, neither of our daughters will be nearby. We don’t know what next year will bring, and I can’t help feeling anxious about it.

Of course, I want them to take advantage of these wonderful opportunities. I’m truly happy for them, but at the same time, knowing that they won’t be close by makes me feel a little uneasy.

No comments: