I suppose I should be saying, “Yay! Everything is nice and clean!” and be happy about it. But this is me, Mieko, and I can’t help complaining a little: “Wow, that cost quite a lot,” and “I guess we can’t do these things ourselves anymore.”
The fluorescent lights have been replaced with LED lights, but they look exactly the same as before. The other rooms still have fluorescent lights, too. This time, we replaced two of them.
The washing machine is nice and clean after being taken apart and professionally cleaned. But the cleaning company recommended having it done once every two years to keep it in good condition.
It’s becoming more expensive than I expected to keep living comfortably in this house and keep it up to date, at least until we (I) eventually move into a care home.
I have considered moving to a smaller house, but given how convenient this current area is, that doesn’t seem very realistic in this regional city.
So, even though I’m happy that everything is nice and clean, I can’t help letting out a little sigh.
By the way, Yuki’s large Mac is acting up again. We’re going to take it to a repair shop. We spent more than 50,000 yen fixing it this winter, though…


No comments:
Post a Comment