Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our club

Somebody might know that I'm organizing a club. The name is English picture book workshop club. The other day two foreigners participated in our study meeting. One-day visit members have to pay 500 yen. (From next year it gets lower to 300 yen.) Why they have to pay to attend just a study meeting?

I started this club about five years ago. The first aim "was" to hold some workshops lectured by  major lecturers. Utsumoiya is a very small city. It' not so far to go to TOKYO by bullet train, but it's very expensive. It's far to go to Tokyo by local train. People living here is calm, it means not so competitive, aggressive. So sometimes it makes me bored. I had thought if major workshop would have been held more. So I started our club. To collect members who are interested to attend workshops about English picture books or English education, I started study meetings. They pay attendance fee to attend the study meetings, we use the money for advertising and place for workshop we are going to hold.

Unfortunately it doesn' t go well. Most of them who attend the study meetings want to attend just a study meeting, so for them paying money is not what they want to do.

On the other hand one of my friends, who teaches English in TOKYO, started to preparing NPO-group to spread her world. She is really energetic.

What do I want to do? I'm not so energetic. This is my favorite phrase "it can't be helped".
 However I don't want to go backward, so I'll do something as much as I can.

While I was thinking about my club, I wrote two articles. It was an English day today. Now it's my lesson time.

2 comments:

Asako said...

Go for it!!!

Mieko said...

Thanks Asako-san. I'll do my best as much as possible, though the pace might be like a tortoise.