Sunday, December 04, 2011

moss balls

Today I went to IMAICHI where it took about 40 minutes by car to attend a workshop. In IMAICHI there is an interesting art gallery, so we (Yuki went to IMAICHI together. While I was attending work shop, he was in IMAICHI library.) dropped by there on the way home.

It was a gallery dealing with moss balls. I bought one for my friend as a Christmas present.
The owner of the gallery was a man who was in his 60's. He opened the gallery after he retired. Unfortunately his wife has already passed away, and his children are independent and lives in other prefectures. So he enjoy his own life in this gallery in this town with the residents in this area. He said "I want this gallery to be open-gallery for my neighbors." Actually the second floor is open for neighbored as a meeting place. It was really interesting for me as an art-gallery, and a open-house.
And we also dropped by a cafe  where Yuki once played bass and piano there.

Today's main dish for dinner was --- this jarred-fish. Do you know it? Probably in your country except Japan it is very popular.

No comments: