Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Today's topic -- Residential area

Two (piano) are lessons are left. After that my "busy" winter vacation will have started.
In the morning a lady came to take my lesson. We talked about our residential area. She lives in the suburb, and seems to like her neighborhood. She said  "It's quiet, and not so many kids.It has more space than the downtown. Though there is a little of public transportation, I don't mind it. Because the may transportation is cars."
I asked "What is one the thing that could be done to improve your neighbor hood?" .
Her answer made me surprised. It was that "I wish if I would communicate more in my neighborhood."
I didn't think of that.

So I asked again "Why don't you start something to communicate more with your neighbors?" She said "It's difficult. Most of them work in the day, and they try to keep certain distance each other."

I also wanted to communicate with my neighbors. So I sometimes invite my neighbors to have tea. Or I sometimes share something that I get. So I think I try to keep certain "comfortable " distance with my "some" neighbors. I don't have any relatives in Utsunomiya, so for us neighbors are really important. Fortunately or unfortunately our neighbors are older than us. So I don't need to compete or compare something with each other. It made me easier to communicate with my neighbors with respect.

In the afternoon two adults came to take my lesson. I asked them about their neighbors. in the residential area of one of the ladies, most of them are elder people. So they often communicate each other. Once a month they go out for lunch.
In the residential area on the other lady, they share something with each other when they get something too much.

How's your neighborhood?

No comments: