Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Yuki's 60th birthday

This weekend Yuki became 60 years old. In Japan 60 years old has a special name, which is called "Kanreki". Until 10 years ago, most of men who were businessmen retired when they became 60, so they were cerebrated with special party. However now, most of men (decide to ) continue their work.
So nowadays 60th birthday  seems to be a usual birthday.

For us, it was a usual birthday. It was a calm day. However I showed special thanks for him.

We got up at usual time, and we did usual morning errands, or, we did them harder. Drying up our FUTON, washing our bed clothes, trimming trees.
Then we went out to get some "good" meat and did barbecue in our small garden. 



I always thing "I wish I could do fancy picnic outside", but always the word troublesome wins,.
Anyway we like to eat something outside, so we did it in our garden, and using "usual" paper plates and cups. This is our style--- I am forced to admit it.
I wish someone would invite us to a fancy picnic!!!

Our elder daughter called him early morning.
Our second daughter sent these flowers --- too much" She said she ordered the amount bymistake.



I baked white cake for two of us.





And I gave him these red (and black) gadgets. It is a custom for "kanreki" (60th birthday) to present something read to wear.
 I gave him, winter slippers, and sports towels.

At night we had light dinner with canned food and good wine which was given by our friend.
We didn't prepare wine grass --- because we were trouble some to do the dishes.



No comments: