Thursday, May 21, 2020

English Haiku 0519


Today's Haiku in Haiku in English is that;
 
dandelion seeds
my backyard garden
rearranges itself
--
Agus Maulana Sunjaya (Banten, Indonesia)
Selected by Dhugal J. Lindsay
 
The word of rearrange is really effective, isn't it?
The other day when I was walking I was attracted weeds with nice bushy ears




They are called "Chigaya" in Japanese. I didn't know the name. In English, it is said "alang-alang". Is it right?
In the language of flowers, it signifies a god for children, or I want to be with everyone .
Alang-alang; finally acquire the word, solve one quiz

Alang-alang is a seasonal word for spring.

Today's seasonal word is  sericulture.
Well, the word sericulture itself isn't a seasonal word.


Silkworm, or mulberry leaves are seasonal word for spring.
There are two low mulberry trees in my garden.

I planted to enjoy my own mulberry tea.
Mulberry leaves; pick them up enjoy the tea


Today's drill is try to make Haiku using a figurative phrase.
Figurative phrases have two kinds; one is simile, the other is metaphor.

Do you know butterbur sprout?

What image do you have in such kind of wild  edible plants ?
bitter, just spring, TENPURA, cute, adult.
 Let's make Haiku.

astringency adult taste; butterbur sprout

No comments: