Monday, August 17, 2020

lunch diary 0817

Obon vacation finished. Since today usual retirement life has started.

It was the first time to spend such a quiet (and boring) Obon vacation.

Quiet and calm are good words, and I know "busy" is also a good word. 

We didn't go to Tokyo to visit our mothers. And my daughter didn't come back here.

So for us it was like a usual 4-day weekend. However usually during this season there are lots of events in this town or area. But this year any events were not hold.

So we stayed home (though Yuki went fishing as the sun rose up, and came home when I finished morning house chores)



Monday, I fried  julienne cucumbers, beans sprouts and meat with Chinese sauce.
This day an electrician came to clean an air conditioner in Yuki's room.

Air conditioner, washed by water, wipe sweat




Tuesday I sauteed sausages and bean sprouts. The egg plant in the photo is grilled  and dipped into say sauce. 
Yuki went fishing earlier. It was all right. However I asked him to take the garbage out. He "forgot" to take recycled bottles away. I was really surprised he didn't understand what kinds of garbage he could take away Tuesday, that made me "angry". 
Househusband's morning, takes long time to adjust; Grilled eggplants
 

Wednesday; I steamed Chinese dumplings.
At noon we had thunder and heavy rain. 

Sticky rice crackers, sprinkled coarse sugar; Thunder and heavy rain

Thursday, we went out to eat cold Chinese noodle.
Now we avoid The 3 Cs, so only three "couples" can eat there.
 
How happy, to see jiggly shrimps, on Cold Chinese noodle




Friday, I sauteed pork with SHISO-leaves growing in the garden.
Nowadays green leaves vegetables are little bit expensive than usual, so i constantly pick up SHISO-leaves in the garden.

SHISO-leaves; fly, boil, saute, actual daily life


No comments: