Wednesday, July 13, 2022

correction of my Haiku

My Haikus were returned by corrected.

Children's Day; a big bag and a small bag leave here for their home

==>

End of Children's Day; a big ban and a small bag leave here for their home

"a big ban and a small bag" is a delightful wording!!!

Motner's Day; not confirm what ay it is ! Tsuna sushi-roll
==>
Tuna sushi roll... having forgotten today is Mother's Day

It seemed to be difficult to understand.
I celebrate Mother's day with Tsuna sushi roll. but she couldn't understand the day is Mother's day because of her dementia. But I didn't make her confirmed. Just we enjoyed sushi roll.

Drooping wisteria; reach the time to love flowers calmly together
==>
Having reached the age to love flowers together ... dropping wisteria

Drooping wisteria is all right, but the other words are hanging wisteria, flowing wisteria, spiraling wisteria

My question is
Ho do we describe "Koinobori"?
This time I used "children's Day" instead of "Koinbori". Koinobori might express "May carp streamers". it is a seasonal scenery to line up the streamers from big one to small one. The scenery overlapped with the scene that I sent off my daughter and my grand daughter at station.
In English Haiku world, a seasonal word might not be needed. but I want to express my emotion with Japanese culture.

 
Answer, Koinobori can express Festive carp streamers, Flying carp streamers, or Colored carp streamers.
That was a good idea to use Children's Day as a seasonal reference that is understood easily by your foreign readers. But it is also possible to help your readrs to learn more about Japanese culture. In this way your foreign readers will enjoy haiku even more.

No comments: