Thursday, July 04, 2024

Good morning 0704

 

Yesterday I went to the eye clinic. It was the first time in a year. There, the doctor said “you have cataracts, but your glasses still work. You have enough eyesight with your glasses, so you don’t need any treatment yet”.

Here in Japan as of now people who are 70 or more can have cataract surgery with inexpensive price. Then people who are 75 or more than can take it with more inexpensive price. When my late-mother was 83 ( probably) had its one-day surgery. I was really surprised the price. It was almost the same as my roundtrip bullet train cost. (I think).

The doctor said another thing, “but, when you are 70, probably the service won’t be applied. It would be applied for people over 75”.

Well, I have no plan to have the surgery yet. But around me at least 4 women already had its surgery, though all of them are still in their 60’s. (To be correct, two of them become 70 this year.) 


No comments: