Tuesday, January 30, 2018

KIMONO --- how should I do?

 
KIMONO; Japanese traditional clothes.
Anyway I have some (or many).
My own kimono are three. One is Furisode for my 20th-year celebration. Actually it was used for both of my daughter. and now it is kept. Another one is Irotomesode for traditional parties where I have to attend as an adult. (It means, after women get married we wear Irotomesode instead of Furisode.) The other one is Houmongi  for a little bit traditional party, it is used a few times when my daughters were born, and attended my friends' wedding party.
All of three were handmade of my grand mother.
 
To tell the truth, my mother can't wear KIMONO by her self. However when she used to use Kimono, her aunt lived next to us, so she helped her to wear it. She spent her all live in KIMONO.
My grand mother also spent most of her life in KIMONO.
 
So when I was young  I learnt how to wear KIMONO by myself at a special school. To tell the truth I got a license to teach how to wear Kimono and to let someone wear Kimono --- though I forgot most of all. What I can do now is just to manage to wear Kimono by my self.
When I went to a special school to learn how to Kimono, usually there students bought some Kimono. However I didn't do that. Because I got a permission to use my grand mother's or my grand aunt's Kimonos. and at that time they were worthy Kimonos than students bought.
 
After graduation from the school, my grand mother made more two kimono with fine fabric called TSUMUGI.
Because I wore Kimono, so I got some invitation to attend Japanese tea ceremonies through my grand mother and my grand aunt, even though I didn't know the way about Japanese tea ceremonies. I was young so that it was OK just to sit there wearing KIMONO. So my grand mother made two for me.
And these two kimono are used many, because I had more opportunities to attend such Japanese traditional party, since I came here. Because my family was registered as a host family.
 
Oh, my own kimono are five.
And now I also keep more Kimono which were for my grand mother and my grand aunt.
 
Well, well, but now ---.
I seldom wear Kimono.
This summer to celebrate for the growth of Ah-chan of three year I wore a kimono of mine.
 
As I told you, now I'm discarding some things and lesson our belongings.
So I decided that anyway I'll wear all my komono this year.
 
Nowadays some young woman try wearing KIMONO in town.
It's OK.
However Kimono has a dress code.
So for "some people" who know about KIMONO, their style are strange. However it is OK because they are "young".
And the "some people" means the elder including me.
So when I wear kimono in improper way, probably some people notice and find me strange.
I don't like it.
So I reviewed my Kimono and try to make suitable combinations, on each kimono.
 
It means --- I "bought" some used OBI and OBIJIME at a used shop.
 
Well, well, though I decided to wear my kimono, in my closet, there are two "men's" Kimono which were for Yuki's father. What should I do?? Where and when do I dress him in them?
 

No comments: