Thursday, January 25, 2018

Season word 0125 cold yellowtail

Are "cold yellow tail" familiar with you?
They are one of my favorite fish in winter.
My mother was born on the fringe of Kyoto, it is Maizuru, which is facing the sea.
So every winter her mother or her brother used to send a whole of yellow tail to us and she used to "dismantle" ( I know it is an exaggerated expression) . And she used to cook lots of things.
Now she doesn't. And I can't clean such a big fish. So her brother tried to sent a whole fish after her mother (my grand mother) passed away, we had to deny.

BURIDAIKON ( a kind of yellow tail stew)  naturally (I) think of the word,  JYU-JYU-JYU-JYU-JYU
BURI marinated in Miso paste, I learnt how to cook from my mother, I didn't tell how to cook it to my daughters.
BURI Sashimi, we used to appreciate to the kindness to my uncle, though we seldom meet

I found this site, however, it is a little bit different our usual teriyaki-sauce.

No comments: