Tuesday, December 18, 2018

coin saving

Last Sunday morning, I read this article, of course it is in Japanese.



The woman in this article is a popular writer who is her 70's.
I knew she published a new book and I wanted to read it immediately.
I almost pushed the Amazon button..
However , I said to myself  "wait, wait, wait".
"We" (Yuki and I)  have decided  not to buy books more as much as we can.
And we also learnt we can check whether the book we want to read is in the library or not on the net.
I thought that it is the latest book, so it wouldn't be in the library, yet  and additionally if it would be in the library, I would have to book it because many people are interested in it.

Anyway I checked the Internet.
As you guess, "lucky me!".
There are three public libraries in my city.(The other two libraries have a copy of the book, but both of them were taken out.)

I haven't done  any Sunday chores yet  but in 15 minutes I left home for  the library.






I came back home before 10, and did usual Sunday chores. At night I read it.
I also checked the price of the book at Amazon. A used book was on the net at 900 yen.
So I was able to save 900 yen. Then I put 900 yen into my coin saving box.

Recently Yuki and I started to save coins little by little, or conservatively.
Considering our retirement life, we need to reduce our living cost. So we started to save such coins making believe..
Regarding the book, it is about communication between a 91 year-old mother and her 71 year-old single daughter who abruptly  started to live together.
The reason to start together is not nursing care. It was a simple problem of their housing situation. Though Yuki didn't read it, he shows  interest  because the behavior of the 91 year-old lady is similar to his mother. Nowadays we have one thing in common to talk about. It is our mothers. We often talk about  how we communicate with our mothers without quarreling.

No comments: