Thursday, December 13, 2018

a new watch

I sometimes use a watch, though many ladies use their cell phones instead of watches.
However, I use it just sometimes.
Last month I noticed that my two watches were out of batteries. Neither is  wind-up or solar.
So I  took them to a home center nearby. They said that it takes two weeks, because they would send them to a factory? or a clock shop.
It would be troublesome for me to find another shop which can change batteries there and then immediately. So I ordered to have the batteries changed.
However I realized  that in one week I need a watch.
So I bought one through the Internet. As you guess, it came the next day.

It costs the same as the fee of changing batteries.

Anyway now I have three watches.
One is a fancy watch but it has a small face with small numbers. ( For my aged eyes it is difficult for me to check the time immediately.)
Another the other one  has a big face with large numbers. It is very convenient. But the band is white, so it easy to see it's kid of old.
And the new one has a middle sized face with middle sized numbers. I like the orange band.

These are good excuses why I have three watches.
However, I wonder if all  three watches would be out of batteries at the same time
What do you think of it?



2 comments:

Rosa said...

You could always buy an Apple watch which you charge yourself like a cell phone--but they are very expensive! (Too expensive for me, certainly.)

I have to wear a watch for my work (I do not like it). Unfortunately, it is a necessary part of my uniform.

Mieko said...

Thanks for your comments, and sorry for being latte,for replying
if I had to always wear a watch , I might buy anApple watch. Well, well, I often fforget to charge my cellphone. My cellphone is usually called "in-mobile phone ". The time I stay home is longer than the the time I am outside, she so I prefer getting call on my house phone? Fixed-line phone to on cell phone. The problem is the cost between a house phone and a cellphone is higher than between a cell phone and a cellphone or a local house phone and a local house phone.