Monday, December 16, 2019

lunch diary 1216

Monday, I went to a building where our city social welfare council is. My husband also went there together. I wanted some advice from them ---- how our laughter yoga meeting is registered as a senior health activity supported by our city. We went around some departments which are on different floor. Each of them understood what I wanted, but --- we just got a bureaucratic runaround.
Anyway we had lunch outside. I forgot to take a photo. We really understood that it would be very difficult for such a private small activity organized by a person  to be officially licensee by city.



We had ODEN-lunch.
This is ODEN.

At city hall get a runaround ; the last month of the year



Tuesday, than I expected, Yuki went back before noon.
So I cooked one more meal for "us".
Yuki stopped working in September, but the last winter bonus was payed. It is the last working income (probably)

Last winter bonus; The retirement life has really started Get on the ball 



Wednesday, we went to our favorite fish shop. Because on the day the owner's wife cooked something special. Can you see it was in the black bin.
It was tuna-Shigureni.
Shigureni (seafood or meat that has been cooked in soy sauce and mirin) is a kind of tsukudani (small fish, shellfish, konbu (a kind of kelp used for Japanese soup stock), etc. boiled in sweetened soy sauce) cooked with ginger.

With Sigureni  Freshly cooked rice; A winter lunch



Thursday, I went out with this rice ball to do errands.
With a bow on top Tea bags filled with my handmade tea: Christmas present

20191214081410572.jpg

Friday, it was really cold. I cooked ramen noodle for me. The day before it was warm like a day in the middle of October.  So the coldness was very tough for me.

On a cold winter, make me enjoy hot noodle, bearing the coldness

2 comments:

AikenJan said...

You used “bureaucratic run around” perfectly! 👍. Jan

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan. I was surprised seeing the word. I thought it was a Japanese thinking way.