Thursday, December 12, 2019

What rules do you have in your house?

The other day, two high school students and I talked about what kind of rules of you house  we have.
It was interesting. Well, on the day the target sentences we have to learn were "must", "be forced to do", and "be supposed to"
A girl said:
We have an old dog, so we must take care of him.
My brother and I are supposed to give meals and water. From Monday to Tuesday I do,
and from Wednesday to Saturday my brother does. But we don't walk him because we go to school on weekdays. So my mother is supposed to walk him. On Sundays someoput tne who is available is supposed to walk him.

A boy said:

We are a family of three, my mother, my father and me. We have our own room. So we must clean their room by ourselves, even my father. My father and I are supposed to clean our own room on Saturdays, or Sundays, because we are not home on weekdays. My mother is strict about using a cell phone. We are forced not to use or check our cell phonse while we have meal at home.
While I was listening to them, I was thinking about our rules of our house.

Now we are a family of two, Yuki and me. And now both of us are housemakers.
So we must take care of our house and do errands autonomously.
While I'm preparing for meals, he is supposed to help me instead of doing his things. As of now he isn't able to cook well, so he is forced to set the table. After having meals, we are supposed to clean the kitchen together. We don't have a dishwasher, so while either is doing the dishes, the other one dry the dishes and put them away.

No comments: