Wednesday, December 18, 2019

What is fun for me "now"?

I know that it is my custom to complain or mutter.
Well, now I'm muttering --- what is fun for me "now"? What makes me easy up "now"?
I'm really happy and thank that our retirement life has started without troubles.

On the other hand, I feel that nowadays things I do are done out of obligation or by the rule of "saving". I seem to have no room for fun in my heart.

A friend said "you enjoy playing pretend ---saving"


Actually, now we try to accumulate point coupons  effectively as much as we can.
It is fun. So I put advertisement of super coupon day on the calendar. It is OK.
However, sometimes we think "on the day we have to go to the supermarket", or "except the day we must not go to the supermarket".
We feel to be subject to restrictions.

We enjoy one-day trip with lunchbox.
It is easy to have lunch when we want to eat, and we don't need to find a restaurant nearby.
And of course we can save.
On the other hand, sometimes I think "I have to take lunchbox to save money"

Well, nowadays I feel I do all things while calculating spending tightly. I (now we) sometimes feel it is  hard life for me.

Well, well, I know, how lucky we are because we spend days freely.
So I think "we have to enjoy,  we have to thank"
I'm subjected to the way of thinking "have to".

How we feel calm, and happy naturally?
Starting from the style or obligations, it will reach to natural style???


Well, well, nowadays I present small teabags.
They are filled my homemade herb tea.






Some friends are waiting for them.
I know it is a kind of way to save ---- I might put down myself too much.

4 comments:

AikenJan said...

There’s an old saying.....

When I have the money, I have no time (to enjoy it)...
When I have the time, I have no money.

A famous philosopher, Catd the Elder (6 BC wrote...

Cessation if work is not accompanied by cessation of expenses.

Marta Mae said...

Well, I prepare my own lunches and other meals, and take my own lunch to work instead of going out. But saving money is a secondary thing: my own lunches are simply healthier as I know what exactly goes into my food! And because I know that by preparing my own meals I do myself a favor, I do not feel limited at all. Many of my friends who eat out a lot have problems with maintaining their weight or joint inflammation- which is a result of eating too much of processed food or chemicals and sugar that restaurants use for preservation purposes.
I think it is very cool that you make your own meals and your body will thank you for making the effort! You may not see it now though but in 20 years!!!! :)

Mieko said...

Thanks Jan. You already shared these old saying, I have really realized again. Yuki and I are not stingy. While Yuki were a businessman, lots of things were withheld automatically from his salary. Now we know how much we have to pay tax, insurance and so on. We were too ignorance about our "real" expenses. It makes me fell have no room about our usual life. However, it is OK, actually we enjoy this real life!

Mieko said...

Thanks Marta. Health meals are really important for us. AND " a favor" you mentioned, is also important things. Well, having lunch at home we have no quarreling, but when we go out, we sometimes discuss about our favor. So health, saving, and "peace" are three reasons to eat lunch at home when we are together.