Sunday, December 29, 2019

Before New Year

Wow! 10 days have passed since I updated this blog.
Our "fulfilling" Christmas week was finished. Each of Yuki and I participated in a concert as a player. Yuki played the guitar, and I played the bass recorder.



Then we went to an art gallery  in Tokyo.











Some of my daughter's works were displayed and of course sold. However unfortunately we didn't see the tag of "sold out". It can't be helped.

I put away Christmas ornaments,  and put some New Year's ornaments.



















And, in the morning, we went to an apple farm to buy the last apples of this year. There I got some bamboo. I made my ordinal easy "KADOMATSU" instantly.



















What is "KADOMATSU"?
Many Japanese decorate the front door of shops, company buildings and houses with a pair of "Kadomatsu" during the New Year holidays. "Kado" means a gate and "Matsu" means a pine tree. "Kadomatsu" is a decoration consisting of bamboo and pine branches and symbolizes longevity and prosperity. It is said that this is the appropriate way to welcome gods. 

No comments: