Thursday, May 24, 2018

season word 0524 sericulture

 
Is the word "sericulture" familiar with you?
Once there used to be many farmers who have silk worms in Japan. And you might know Japan used to be a very famous country to export high quality silk.
Now there are not so many such farmers. And as a traditional Japanese culture, Empress Michiko keeps some silkworms in Imperial Palace.
 
As long as I can remember, I haven't seen real silkworms.
Silkworms eat mulberry leaves. Mulberry leaves are "Kuwa-no-ha" in Japanese, and some people drink Kuwa-no-ha tea like green tea. I've also drunk it.
 
On the other hand "mulberry-tea " is very popular in herb word.
At first when I learnt herb-tea, I didn't know that mulberry tea is Kuwa-no-ha tea.
As I learnt herb-tea, so this year I plant a small mulberry seedlings. And they are having fruits.
 
 
 
 
Seeing  tiny mulberry fruits, carry me, a nostalgia feel
Mulberry, though it's one of classic herb-tea, regular Kuwa-no-ha-cha
 
 

No comments: