Monday, May 21, 2018

When we have a chance to talk with a profesional musician --

This Saturday, a jazz concert was held at a public art museum at our prefecture.
Of course the main event was not the concert, it was was a special exhibition of two painters. The painters were two of first artists who went abroad after Edo era and got popularity in the U.S.A.
So to make the exhibition more attractive, a jazz concert was organized by the art museum.
The art museum is managed by our prefecture, which means they have enough budget to organize such a concert.
So we can listen to it by just paying the entrance fee, and the musicians are not local ones. They are very famous in Japan. Especially the bassist is very popular.





The place is not a concert hall, so we so everybody can enjoy their performance at the same level.
This time we could sit behind them.
And after the concert, naturally, the audience had a chance to talk to them. So, of course,Yuki went to talk to them. He is a big fan of Jazz.
When we went to concerts, usually the performers are on the stage, so the world of audience and the world of performers are separated.
However when we are on the same level, we feel the performers more friendly, and more closely.




Let me tell my feeling.
These days some people I know held their concerts. Of course those concerts are great and I'm happy to their success. I'm proud of knowing them. At the same time, I feel that they have gone to a different world, and I tend to feel sorry for myself. (not being jealous to them)  I feel disappointed to remain in the same stage in life. Because probably, they don't look at me now, they look at far higher or more different stage in life.
On the other hand, when I talk to a person who is usually in a different or higher stage in life, I become optimistic and want my life to move on to the next stage, go into a different world. Because the eyes are really kind, and don't show any self-important attitude to us.
Well, what I can do or what I have to do from now is to do  what I can do now.


No comments: