Friday, May 25, 2018

Rose jam

This year I could visit the house "kairo -no-niwa" again. I was looking forward to visiting there.
The couple of owners welcomed "us". "Us" means --- this time I visited there early morning with Yuki. On the day Yuki had to go to Tokyo on business, but he had time to drop by. So we visited, and the husband of owners picked roses. Yuki was able to do it, but he was wearing business suits.


 
 
I'm not familiar with roses, but I know there are many kinds of roses.
All rose petals can be eaten, but soft petals are suitable for jam.
Perhaps the main rosses I picked were "royal bonica"???
And this year the owners recommended us another kind of rose which was a big rose.
 
I drove Yuki to the station, and came back home.
A friend also came and made  rose-wine, and rose jam. 


 
 
We also enjoyed reading an English picture book "sleeping beauty"
And enjoyed a herb world about roses.

 
 
And --- at night, we enjoyed "rose bath".

I would like to grow "edible roses" --however ---
OK, "we" add it to our  to-do list of our retirement life.
 


No comments: