Friday, August 19, 2022

troubleshooter 0817

 This time I translated an article of trouble shooter in Japan News. The article might be introduced on the latest newspaper , of course at that time it will be translated by professional translator. 

This client and I are in the same generation. And I really understand her feeling.

Dear troubleshooter

I’m in my 60’s. I divorced in my 30’s. I have a son, he works abroad now, so I live alone.
I thought I had a lot of friends when I was young, but now I realize I’m wrong.
When my friends wanted to talk to me and sought advice, I always thought what I could do sincerely, and listened to them even if they made only complains for long hours.
However, these days, when I want them to listen to my worries, my friends stop listening to me and start their own stories. When I talk about my mother’s care or sudden death of my important partner, they change the subject smoothly while I’m still talking. I just want to hear something simple to calm myself, but I can’t get any kind words from them.
What is the point of our friendship? It seems I don’t have any friends to listen to me. I am so disappointed. I want some advice about how I should deal with my mind.


Dear

You are very kind, aren’t you? Because you would listen to others’ complaints a lot. There are not so many people like you. So I suppose that you were loved by many people and had lots of friends. However for this long period, your role has been settled as a person who listens to their story for them. And actually you had a room to accept their story.
Though it seems to be sad, now the friends who don’t listen to you can’t afford to accept you because they are busy with their lives. You might feel lonely to live alone, but you should make up your mind “I don’t need friends to fill my loneliness”. I think this decision is important.
You have to have a determination that “I have to live my life fully supported by myself. Please try to read books or listen to music you like or you are interested in, please try to travel by yourself, try to live freely by yourself without need for others. I’m sure you’ll meet someone somewhere while you are trying. You will probably get along well with other people. The friends you will meet later might become invaluable friends.

No comments: