Thursday, September 29, 2022

troubleshooter 0926

 Dear troubleshooter

I can’t make friends due to the COVID-19 pandemic

I’m in my 80’s. I have no work. A few years ago I moved to an apartment which is easy to live for the elderly. My previous house was on the hill so it became inconvenient for me since my husband passed away, I became alone and older.

When I was living in the previous house, I was a member of a hobby circle, and had lots of friends. I had never felt lonely. I was going to join a new group after moving and make new friends. Actually I joined a Karaoke circle and started making friends. However due to the Covid-19 the circle naturally stopped meeting. My neighbors have already been in contact with each other tightly before I came. It seems difficult for me to join them smoothly as a new comer.

Recently most of the day I stay home alone, and I seldom talk to someone. I sometimes write letters to my old friends, or take a walk. I sometimes feel very lonely.

I don’t worry about my life economically and physically. So I have to live my life with gratitude. However I’m not satisfied with my life. How could I find the way to spend lively and fulfilling days?

-------------------


At first I really respect you, because you haven’t lost your willingness to make friends. While you keep such willingness and do some action, you must get a good result sometime soon.

To make friends, the most important thing is to get information, and the next is some action. Unfortunately, we tend to keep distance even among neighbors due to the pandemic. But even in such situation we still have many chances to meet new people. The way to get information is basically newspaper, TV, HP, or local community newspaper. Probably your city publishes the local newspaper once a month. And usually the city government holds some programs to make community for the elderly, or counseling meeting. Such programs and meetings are very reasonable or free. Without hesitation you should take action.

I’m also in my 80’s. My first step to join a hobby club is to look for advertisement from the newspaper.

Additionally, let me say one thing. We are in our 80’s. We could easily fall over. We should watch out our step Please don’t forget it.

-------

I think it will become my problem. And not to have the problem, I need to keep some action.

No comments: