Wednesday, October 23, 2019

How many kinds of apples do you know?

Coincidently I got various kinds of apples from an apple farm for free.
Most of apples are now not got on the market. Their main variety is "FUJI" which are going to be got on market in November.
Some other varieties of apples were used to be got on market but no they aren't.
The other varieties are planted as their hobby, or as a kind of experience.
Apples are said to have more than 10000 varieties in the world, and 1500 varieties in Japan.


 
 
From the late of August and the early November, I get fresh Japanese pares from an orchard nearby.
And I also get grapes,
And from October to December, I get fresh apples from another orchard, thought it is 20 minute drive.
 
りんごの季節がやって来ました。富士は11月になってからだそうです。一方、梨はにっこりで締めですね。

2 comments:

AikenJan said...

Don’t forget your strawberries! Jan

Mieko said...

Yes, Yes, from the late of winter to the late of spring, we enjoy fresh strawberries. Additionally, yesterday my friend brought me a big bag of new rice. As you know, here Utsuomiya is a city, but it is surrounded with lots of nature.