Thursday, November 28, 2019

After morning meetings ---

These days I am eating lunch outside with friends  less and less.
Not because of Yuki.  Yuki and I have lunch together about twice  on weekdays. He comes back home from playing tennis around 2, so usually my lunch is finished.
I miss lunchtime with friends.

I asked Yuki, "Do you want to have lunch with your tennis friends?"
He said, "Playing tennis finishes past 1 PM, and no one won't have lunch as soon as they finish playing tennis. I think most members don't have lunch at home, they have snack  and wait for their dinner. Some regular members chat after playing tennis. So far I'm not counted as a regular member or regular member (he thinks), so I leave there with just saying thanks, see you next time, though I feel a little bit alienation"

Well, when he used the word "alienation", I understood.

When I was busy as a mother, I often went to school in the morning as a mother volunteer, and after my volunteering I often had lunch at my house or my friend's house  to chat with other mothers. But only 50 minutes lunch. Because our children would come back. Instead of having lunch alone, we would have lunch with talking as adults.
As our children grew up, we had enough time to have lunch because our children would come back after 3 or 4 PM, so we went out for lunch.

At that time, some members won't join such a lunch chatting but they joined, because they were afraid to become out of the groups. Some members were not asked to join it or not.  So we would have always trouble for making groups. Since I learnt such a trouble, I often have lunch alone  after morning meetings(for business, hobby) to avoid such a problem.

I know the purpose was volunteering or attending a meeting, not having lunch together.

Well, well, now I miss such a bounded group activity. It is all right that after morning meetings I go home or have lunch alone, but sometimes I feel "alienation".
After meetings, most of all leave the room hurry. Actually most of them must be busy. But I have 50 minutes free time for my lunch. I want to have lunch with someone and chat.

No comments: