Tuesday, March 30, 2021

What brought fun to us? 0328

I really understand it is spring. Last week we enjoyed Japanese apricot blossoms and cherry blossoms. 

We went to a shrine. It was the first visit for us. And there we knew this shrine is one of the oldest shrines in Utsunomiya.  This tree is weeping apricot blossoms.


As I wrote it, it is a shrine, and also the Shinto priest family lives there.  So it is an ancestral shrine. When we got around there, we didn't find out the shrine, because it looked like a usual house.


Our purpose was not going to the shrine. I wanted to go to a gathering place for people who suffer from dementia and their family. I wanted to talk with the staff.


I had a good time. While I was talking with the staff and other people, Yuki was investigating fishing spots. Because a river was nearby.

Another day we went to see cherry blossoms at an old temple.



And another day, as soon as we got up, we went to see cherry blossoms at a hill park. There we joined early radio exercise.


Seeing cherry blossoms there is one of our annual event. And usually we come here early morning and have breakfast at a café. 
However this time we dropped by a convenience store and had breakfast at home as usual. Yuki said "Today I don't need to do dishes, don't I?" I laughed. He really seemed to become a househusband.

2 comments:

uthman said...

It is my first time to read your blog in 5 years.

I'm happy to see you are still here!
Please take care.

Mieko said...

To uthman
Thanks for your coming again. Five years has passed??
Well, I wonder how long I keep this diary. Probably more than 10 years.
Here in Japan we have such a proverb "KEIZOKU HA CHIKARA NARI".
Close meaning of it is probably "practice makes perfect" or "continuity is the father of success". Well, I don't seek success. BUT my English ability doesn't seem improved, or I keep my English ability in in 60's.