Friday, November 20, 2020

New Year is approaching

Yesterday, suddenly daily COVID-19 cases surpassed 2300 and set a new record.

Well, well, I talked on the phone with my mother the day before yesterday.

Mother "are you able to come to Tokyo at New Year?"

I " Probably we'll come over, but just 15-minute visiting."

Mother" will you take me somewhere like a supermarket or a department store (by car)?"

I " No way. You know it is risky. During New Year's vacation, everywhere must be crowded"

Mother " It sounds boring. "

I " Probably, and we often talk on the phone enough. You have lots of visitors, even though their visiting will be for 15 minutes, anyway you see your sons, their granddaughters, my  daughter, and probably the neighbor Ms. ?? ( I've just forgot her name) will come. So you wouldn't feel lonely"

And Yuki also talked on the phone with her mother yesterday morning.  She doesn't watch news so often. So she doesn't understand why New Year's party is hot hold this time with her son's families. She understand it is not allowed to go to supermarkets in groups, but why "family" gathering is not allowed???

Actually it is not allowed, we are just scared.

So he told her, each family must visit you in turn during New Year's vacation.


However, the situation has changed.  It might become difficult to visit her elderly nursing center.

Anyway this Monday her third son is going to visit her, so far it is allowed to visit there by a few people.

Here in Tochigi, compared with Tokyo, the cases are a few. But the cases have also increased since yesterday.

There is a sign in some clinics I go, "if you visit Tokyo or neighbor prefectures, please inform us by call before entering"


No comments: