Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Do you know "OYAKI"?

What is "Oyaki"?
 It is a kind of bread.
 
 
 
 
It is not so popular here in Utsunomiya, though many people (especially elderly people) know the word.
Yuki have heard the word, but don't remember whether he has eaten it or not.
 
Near my house a OYAKIA restaurant opened last year.
I was really interested in it, and finally I could go there.
 
They serve lunch set on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
The owners are a senior couple.
image

 


{D0AEC784-12F7-438D-B040-93C3CAB3BECB}

This is 500 yen Oyaki lunch.
It was very delicious.
I'm really surprised that the owner's couple is senior, but they decided to run this restaurant. The restaurant is also their home.

Usually the inside is simmered vegetables tasted by soy sauce.
And it is a kind of dumpling, and the dough is made by all-purpose flour (which is usually used for Japanese white noodle.) and yeast is not used. So the dough is not risen.

I often make simmer vegetables, so, now I'm wondering when I make Oyaki by myself.

No comments: