Monday, March 11, 2019

visiting my ancestor's grave -1-

Before O-HIGAN (Higan is the week surrounding the Vernal Equinox Day or Autumnal Equinox Day. We have a custom to visit our ancestor's grave.) My mother, my daughter and Yuki & me went to our ancestor's grave. (About Yuki's ancestor's grave, probably his brother will take his mother to their grave). It is a good excuse for my mother to go out and have a good meal.
So of course we had good eel.
 
The taste was good. However for my mother it was so-so. Until last spring, this restaurant was her favorite. The taste of the restaurant might have been changed. She started complaining and didn't stop until she ate up the eel. The sauce and soup seemed to be thick and strong for her. So she didn't eat them but anyway she ate up the whole eel. And the three of us enjoyed the meal. So she should have stopped complaining, be patient,  at least while we were eating. I thought it was a kind of etiquette.  But she couldn't. So my daughter and I couldn't enjoy the meal. (Yuki seemed not to care, because it was my mother's character. And Thanks to Yuki, she didn't get angry even though my daughter and I blamed her.)
Well, I was going to write about the situation more. But researching such situation on the net, lots of family with the senior parents have had same experiences, and also restaurants seem to be used to such a situation.

So now I convince my self that "she is fine, she has lots of energy."

Then we took her to a local supermarket.
There were lots of fresh local vegetables. So she really enjoyed glossary shopping.
 
Then we were going to go back to her house.
 
However she wanted to have coffee and cake saying "I didn't eat rice much, so I was not so full!"
But Yuki was full.  And unfortunately my daughter and I wouldn't go to a restaurant with her again,, because we thought we would be heard he complaining again.
So as a compromise, we dropped by a convenience store & café. Nowadays convenience stores are one of her favorite kinds of shops. She wants to go to a stand café, but she "can't " go there alone. Recently it is very popular to have sweets and coffee there because there are varieties of sweets at convenience stores. She had fresh hot steamed "big" dumpling and green tee. We had coffee.
 
This time Yuki and I went to Tokyo by train. We left home before 7 A.M, around 10, my daughter picked us up at nearby station with my mother, and went to the grave. We arrived there about 11:00.
Having lunch, buying glossary and having coffee, we went back to her house about 3. Then Yuki and I went back to Utsunomiya by train and arrived around 6:30.
We were really exhausted.


No comments: