Friday, February 01, 2008

complaints about products

Now frozen GYOUZA producted in China is a big isse in Japan. Thease days not only GYOZA but also foods and toys made in China seem to be a big problem in the world. In your experience, do cheaper items tend to have more defects than more expensive ones?

In Japan products made in China or other Asiang countires tend to be cheaper than domestic products, more to say we cannot live without import products including foods. Actaully I try to cook using domestic foods, it's difficult. Some people eat everything that grows in their farm --- it means they don't eat fish, meat (in this case if they don't have cows.) and fruits.

I always buy banans. Thery are usually imported (I've never met domestic bananas. Do we have banans that grow in Japan??) And I tend to buy cheaper ones, because I just use it as a banana yogurt every morning.
I don't think they have defects, it means I've never heard of their defects.

On the other hand when I buy lemons, I buy domestic lemons.
Because I've heard that imported lemons don't go off passing a few months, but domestic lemos usualy go off after a month. It means the former is added so lots of preservatives that having them is dangerous.

It is really difficult to judge what are safe foods for us, isn't it?

3 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

In the United States, it is very difficult to buy things that are not made in China. It seams that 99% of everything comes from China.

There have been many dangerous items found here that are from China, especially toys.

My wife and I try to not buy food products from China, but that is difficult to do as well. So many come from China.

Anonymous said...

I hear the problem of Chinese toy not only in America, but also in Japan. And my Chinese friend is really worried about these problems.But Even she, "producnts made in Japan are safer than ours".
That's too bad.

Muxecoid said...

I tasted 4 different types of soy sauce.

1st is Kikoman, manufactured in USA but marketed as "Japanese". Very tasty indeed, but nit as cheap.

2nd is Chinese, more salty, the flavor is not as rich

3rd is Thai. Was the worst of 4.

4th is produced in Israel. Light sauce, so it is sweet, but it was really good.