Saturday, February 23, 2008

HINA dolls

In Japan "HINAMATSURI" (Girl's festival) is just around the corner. Children who went to a kindergarden nearby (including my kids) had a good memory; that was making hina dolls from wood that planted in the garden. And until now this craft is continued in this season.

I always put the HINAdolls made by my daughter's though it was more than 15 years ago. And most my students and mothers always say "I did it" or "I had it" seeing them.

This year I got aromatic tree, so I made another dolls with my students. What a hartwarming craft time!

Well, I need a favor.
Today I went to a exhibition. I could see many picture books : Japanese picture books, foreing countries' picturebooks translated in Japanese. It was a wonderful time. And I met some intereseting books. One of them is this book, the original is written in French. Unfortunately I couldn't understand French. But the Japanese senetences were really fun. I'm looking for English version. If someone know the title, please let me know it. And If some one has it and doesn't need it, will hand it over it to me?
The French title is Caca boudin. And the author is Stephanie blake.
Do you know her?

2 comments:

Audrey Reiko said...

It is really nice that you still keep the Hina dolls from 15 years ago, wow :)

I have a pair of emperor and empress made by paper cups, given to me by Natsumi-chan, my host family's niece. :)

Anonymous said...

To audrey
Thanks for your comments. the couple doll made by "paper cups". I'd like to see it.
I bet they are really cute.