Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Only Japanese men?

Yesterday I talked ( and took lessons) with a New Zealander, who has lived here for many years.
He is a man and he gets used to Japanese life, he seems to see things strange even now.

Yesterday I talked about my daughter's coming of age day. He has two boys, so I said "you are lucky not to waste money to clothes". (On the day girls' parents use more money than boy's parents). And I also said "I'm afraid you missed a chance you were be able to get impressed".

It is said girls' fathers have three opotunigies to cry with joy and impression.
The first time is that they meet their kids for the first time; it measn their babies were born.
The secomd time is that their girls become 20 years old. The fathers cannot look at their daughters without tears because of their beautifilness. (Though my husband didn't cry. He said "I was too busy as a chauffeur to get impressed".)
The last time is that their girls get married.

He said it is strange that men cry with deep emotion.
We often see men crying with deep emotion. For example at high school baseball toranaments, the member of the winner team usually cry at the moment they win while they are striking a victory pose. And the tears makes the audience crying.
He said
Do you notice? Only japanese men cry when they get medals at Olympic games.

Is it really?
We have two kinds of tears, sad tears and emotinoal tears.

No comments: