Sunday, February 10, 2008

What are these?

Can you guess what these two things? They are "food".
The left one looks like fish, and the sign on the right one reads "SUSHI".

Now Valentine's Day is just around the corner. We see various chocolates in shop.Expencive one, cheap one, high-quality one,--- and these are "funnyt-look" chocolate.

In Japan it is getting a custom to present chocolate from women to men to show love, gratitude, friendship. And everybody seems to enjoy the day.

Actaully I enjoyed when I was looking for various chocolates.
Well, I don't know whether these chocolate tastes good or so-so. Anyway they were not expensive, realy "cheap".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chocolate "fish" is very clever...a more "manly" way to give the traditional Valentine's gift of chocolate. Here I think it would be rare for a man to get chocolates on this occasion...it's just not the custom. Here, for women the gifts are usually flowers, perhaps boxes of chocolates ("sweets for my sweet"), and jewelry. Romantic cards are usually exchanged between partners. For men, I don't know if there's a "traditional" gift. I gave my husband a cashmere sweater this year. Often a romantic dinner out is also part of Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Do you think "fish" chocolate is clever? You are "not" Japanese, aren't you. OK, next year I'll be able to find the simlar thing, I'll send it to you (not your husband)

This morning my husband got homemade chocolate from his daughter. Untill last year he used to get "left over" or "unsuceeded" chocolate from her. Finaly this year he got specail chocolate from her. She said "it will be the last time to give chocolate on Valentine's day directly".
On the other hand, my elder daughter is in "LONDON". She completly forgets what day it is today, though she seems to ehmoy the days in LONDON with her friend who lives in LONDON.

Muxecoid said...

It is funny. Reminds me of sweets in Harry Potter books.

Don't you think holidays are too commercialized? I live in Israel and many of my friends think, that the problem with adaptation of foreign holidays is not that these are foreign, but that such holidays are shopping-oriented.